Sunday, September 30, 2012

Girls Camp '12

 This year I was called to be the Assistant Camp Director :)

I was SOO excited!! My last year in YW's I was called to be the Youth Camp Director, and I planned everything! (with the help of all the YCL's of course).  So I felt I had a good experience and could rock this thing!  But I never went to Stake Camp and they do stake camp three years in a row then ward camp.  So Stake Camp experience was going to be VERY new to me.  And they always go to the same camp ground Camp Darby.  It was so fun!  I tried to make the experience for the girls spiritual and fun. My YCL's were so helpful and fun and treated the girls so well. They had everything very organized.  We made camp stool chairs that they used all week. and we also made button bracelets.  Since I was in charge of the crafts I did not have time to take pictures of them working on them :(  Which i regret now.  But it's the memories that matter.
On the third day we all went on our hikes.  I had volunteered to go with the YCL's and adventure the Table Rock hike.  And boy was it a challenge!  The first half mile or mile we got rained on a little bit, but when the rained stopped we were well on our way in the gorgeous hot summer weather to hike. We took it slow and we made it to the top!! I was so proud of my girls and so proud of myself.  Kierra (one of my YCL's) became my best friend on the hike and now FOREVER.  We trudged through it together and gave each other encouragement and faith that we could do it...and my other YCL's stepped in when needed and we become so much more spiritually connected through that experience.  It was probably one of my best most spiritual experiences I have ever had!  I am so thankful for my girls and the wonderful time we had at girls camp.
Oh one more thing! There is a giant slide at camp and it is fast and so fun!

I'm not going to lie.  Camp was a challenge and hard work to put together but boy was it so worth it!  The first day of camp I thought I was going to lose it and just cry and demand to go home.  but there were several leaders and girls to help me better myself and know that some things just need to be let go and let the girls have fun and just remind yourself it is what it is, and it will be ok. You can't fix things and you can't control every little thing.  I had to take a BIG breath and say a pray to my Heavenly Father. Ask for forgiveness and put a smile on my face and just have fun! The rest of the week went so much better!!

The gorgeous mountain scenery
 Pulling weeds as a service project at Darby Camp




 gorgeous mountain sunset



The last bit to hike...
that flat mountain on the left side is table rock, the end of the hike :)


We all made it!!


 Look at those gorgeous Teton Mountains Right behind me!! I was literally half a mile from the Tetons!  I just wanted to reach out and touch them! I felt like I could.
 What a gorgeous view!!!!
I could of stayed up there all day admiring this beautiful earth Heavenly Father created for me! :)

Camp was July 30-Aug. 3.  but my family reunion in Soda Springs started Aug. 2 to Aug. 4.  So I left camp after Testimony Meeting on thurs night and drove home put my clothes in the wash and took a nice hot shower. (I did not shower all week!! I can rough it when I need to ;)  Mike wanted to see me and hear all about camp so he picked me up and we went out of breakfast to Denny's.  I talked his ear off and barely ate, haha, but I came home and went to sleep. Dad drove from Soda Springs to pick me up we stopped to get a bite to eat at Walmart then drove down to Soda Springs and boy was I out of it tired!!  But I was determined to not take a nap because I would be out for like a whole day lol so I kept myself awake all day...maybe I should of taken a nap, lol :)  But Girls Camp was a blast and so worth it!! So fun! Such a joyful, spiritual, uplifting, bonding experience!! I love girls camp and I love all the girls in my ward!! I am also the CTR 5 primary teacher and have been for two years :)  I LOVE my primary kids too!!!

No comments: