Thursday, March 15, 2012

The joys of mascara

A few years back I kept getting puffy eyes about once a week or so. Then it became more common. So I finally went in to see a family friend doctor and he gave me some eye drops to try. They worked wonders for those ten days! Then about a week or so later, the puffy eyes came back. I would just keep my eyes washed and cleaned and they would stay down for the most part. Well, I just could take it one day and I kept rubbing my eyes because it was SO bad! I went back to see this family friend doctor and he gave me different eyes drops. same story. Well we finally figured out, after talking through the order of events etc., that is was my mascara! I am allergic to mascara!! (well not exactly mascara it's self, just an ingredient in mascara. don't ask me what it's called because I don't remember. I just know the mascaras I can't use.) So I sadly had to change the mascara I used (I loved the mascara I used). The next day I went to the store and bought a brand new mascara. Didn't like it. Tried a different one. It took me about a year to find THE mascara that wouldn't irritate my eyes. But I seem to have run into that same problem lately. uh oh. now what am I going to do? A girl clearly can not go with out mascara! We shall see how things work out. my eyes are puffy right now and very irritating and itchy and dry. I better tend to those so I can go to work tomorrow. Hopefully a new day will be better. If not...to the trash goes my mascara!

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Maybe you could try fake lashes? I've heard those a great!

Courtney said...

oh i would die if this were to happen...!