Tuesday, August 18, 2015

July/August 2015 - moving

These past eight weeks have been quite the long days, new experiences and stressful days.

Days leading up to moving:…..

We got my Jetta fixed (the AC unit was broken) and less 24 hours after posting it for sale it was sold and GONE!! It was a hard thing to see it drive away but we needed to do it.

July 17th Mike's last day of work!!

Monday July 20 I took a shift at the orthodontist and had a great day being back at work but missed my little Hannah SO MUCH!!

July 21 We wanted to make sure we attended the temple one last time in Rexburg before it's not 'our temple' anymore. and because the closest temple is a few hours away from our new house and because of time and money and lack of babysitters we MADE SURE we went! Thanks to my wonderful friend and co-worker and her husband for babysitting Hannah that morning!


We also had some coupons we wanted to make sure we used up before we left Rexburg, so we went out to eat (because our punch card was full, so FREE dinner)!!


The rest of the week I packed and cleaned like a MANIAC!! (while Mike took care of fixing cars and getting other details figured out).  It was a little challenging with Hannah but I had A LOT of help and couldn't have done it without all of that help!! THANK A MILLION EVERYONE!!!


Between all the packing I couldn't find my bobby pins; I looked in my purse and found and alternate solution…my niece thought I was crazy but when she saw how well it worked she was impressed.
packing was exhausting and tiring. Poor Hannah had to sleep just on her mattress on the floor because we packed everything up.


Our ABSOLUTE AMAZING NEIGHBORS offered to help us move.  They needed to head to Portland that same weekend and saw that it was only an hour detour so they said sure we will help you!!  MOST AMAZING SELFLESS PEOPLE EVER!!  Thank you Joe and Amanda Paul!!


Our moving adventure…...

Friday July 24th packed all of our boxes into the moving truck. (with the amazing help mentioned above).  Since our bed was in the truck we slept at my sisters house in Idaho Falls.
Saturday July 25th finished cleaning and packing the rest of the house.  I hadn't showered in two days because why shower if I'm just going to be cleaning still.  My goal was to be done by 5 or 6pm shower and get on the road and make it at least half way or even all the way. I was still deep cleaning at this time and was still not done by 8pm.  Our neighbors had already packed their car and were ready to get on the road. So they left and we said we would meet them in Missoula in the morning. (they have four small kids and needed to get going). I finished cleaning and we literally SHOVED the last few things in the moving truck and shut the door before something could fall out. EVERY INCH of that moving truck was full!! Who knew we had so much stuff!
We locked the apartment at around 11pm that night. 
We headed back up to my sisters house to sleep. 
At this point we had four cars to take care of. Mike drove our truck (car 1) to my sisters and I followed in our Avalon (car 2). 
 We went to bed at around 12 or 12:30am.  We woke up at 4:30am said good bye to my sister and drove back up to Rexburg, We left our truck at my sisters (with their permission). Drove to our 'old' apartment and picked up the moving truck (car 3). We hadn't sold Mike's Corolla yet (car 4) yet; but these amazing neighbors of ours (the Pauls) said when they got back they would help us sell it. So we had to leave the corolla in the apartment parking lot. 
(Right before we locked up our apartment)

Goodbye Peterson Pointe 1300 you were so good to us!

Us in front of the moving truck

(sorry these are so dark we took them so late at night; that was our only chance to take them, I pictured taking them in the daylight, but you know how life goes). 


Mike drove the moving truck and Hannah and I were in the Avalon.  We stopped for McDonalds food and headed out of town. We met up with our neighbors at a rest stop just outside of Missoula.  (about 4 hours away). We were making good time :)
Mike had to drive about 40-65 MPH because of hills and weight of the truck.  So our neighbors would go ahead of us and we would catch up. We all stopped in Cour d'Alene for a few hours to stretch and eat.  Only an hour and a half more! Our neighbors beat us to Moscow and found our apartment (we never saw our apartment before we moved in; only two pictures on Craigslist, so we had no idea where our apartment was in town) but they found it for us and we met them there. We arrived around 7 or 8pm to our new apartment.  My neighbor (Amanda) took Hannah to Winco with her and her kids while Joe (neighbor) and Mike and I unloaded the truck.  We are on the third floor; our new downstairs neighbors were on their balcony offered to move their truck so we could park the moving truck close. and were on their balcony smoking watching us move in. They didn't offer to help they just kept talking to us.  We also had a few other people just walk by and not offer to help. We got everything unloaded (by about 11pm) EXCEPT everything that needs to go in our storage unit which is 20 minutes back on the road we came from; in Potlatch. BUT our neighbors needed to get back on the road and make it to Yakima before it got too late. So they headed out.  Mike and I got in our two cars and drove 20 minutes to find our storage unit in the middle of the night.  Mike got some speed and got ahead of me. But I was so tired and worried about animals I was driving slower.  Good thing because I had to Slam on my brakes to miss a deer that ran across the road. i'm so glad I wasn't driving fast and that Hannah was asleep and that I didn't have to swerve or anything.  After that my legs were shaking and I called Mike to slow down because I almost hit a deer and he said oh no, ok.
We finally found our storage unit and unloaded everything.  It's a smaller unit than we were used to so we really had to play Tetris. 
With EVERYTHING unloaded we headed 20 minutes BACK to Moscow.  We were SO tired at this point. We had been up since 4:30am!! We all went to bed on our mattresses on the floor at about 1am.

BUT…

When we reserved our moving truck a few weeks before we didn't want to turn it in too late in the day because we were supposed to be to my mom's on Monday. So we thought turning it in first thing in the morning would be sweet then we could head to my moms and crash and hang out the rest of the week there. 

SO…

we had to be BACK in Cour d'Alene by 8 AM to turn in the moving truck. So we got up at 6am, left at 6:30am drove an hour and a half back north and turned in our moving truck! Then we were so hungry we stopped at IHOP for breakfast and ate SO Much!!
Then we drove BACK down to Moscow again. By the time we got home we were EXHAUSTED.  we planned to take about an hour nap so we could head to my moms and not get in too late. 
WELL we took like a 3-4 hour nap because we were SO TIRED. BUT of course it was for the better. So we grabbed our suitcases, left all of our boxes just as they were and headed BACK out of town down to Boise for the week! We arrived kind late but hey that's ok. Better late than never and Better safe than sorry, right?
Needless to say we were POOPED and just spent the first two days at my mom's doing NOTHING all day!! It was just what we needed after a few long stressful sleepless nights.

We are so blessed and thankful that we had such amazing friends and family help us clean and move and that everything went pretty smoothly and that we were safe in all that we did during the move. 






No comments: