Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Boise and Olympia

After moving to Moscow we spent a week at my mom's.  Like I mentioned we literally spent the first two days being lazy and hanging out at the house.  Then we got to work and got some errands done and paperwork done that we hadn't had time to do before we moved.

Hannah is just so cute!

Mike, Hannah and I walked down to the temple site.  We missed the visitors center hours by like five minutes! dang! Next time :)
 
 
silly girl wouldn't look at us. I'll just assume she was trying to look at the temple :)


The next day my mom was so kind and watched Hannah for us while we attended a session at the Boise Temple :)
Friday was a busy day for us.  Mom and dad went to a wedding in the morning then we rushed out the door to attend the luncheon. Then we rushed up the mountain to my Grandma's cabin to have some fun :)  The whole ride up Mike was doubting me that there was even a cabin. And kept saying, you're lying! Where is it? Why are we here? Why didn't we turn there? Why can't we drive up to the cabin? Why do we have to wait for them to open the gate? Is this the cabin? Is that the cabin? You're totally lying about this cabin. LOL It was so funny for me but he was serious!!
But he ended up swimming and we had a lot of fun! :)

 
my parents taking my niece and nephew for a ride on the floating dock around the lake


After the cabin and eating dinner at the lake we rushed back to the reception for the couple who got married earlier in the day. It was quite a busy day but we had fun!!

We also spent an evening this week at my grandma's house and visited with my aunt and uncle who just moved back west from back east :)
Four generations! :)

On Saturday my mom literally kicked us out of the house and babysat Hannah for us while we had some time alone doing a few errands and spending time in downtown Boise at a new annual International Food and Culture Festival.  It was an interesting concept but it was still kinda fun :)
We also went to The Village in Meridian; I had never been so we went and checked it out…

It was like the mini Billagio Fountains! Dancing to music! :)

Downtown Boise...




On Sunday we packed up and left to drive to Olympia to spend the next week at his parents house 
(we figured we better spend time with our parents before we get SUPER poor and can't travel to see family for a while).

On the way we stopped in Portland to see our neighbors who helped us move.  
Their daughter had surgery and we HAD to stop by and say hi :)
my visitors pass :)

In the car I had to sit in the back and feed Hannah and put her to sleep :) This is how she likes to fall a sleep; Thumper near by, pacifier in mouth, her hand on her face and holding my hand while my hand touches her face :)

The first day in Olympia Mike deserted me and went to Seattle for the day for his 'nerd convention'…

A video game International Tournament. People even dressed up for it!


The next few days we spent at his parents house hanging out and being lazy once again :)

His parents live across the street from a lake and up stairs on the balcony is a relaxing view of the lake :) I could sit there all day in the sun :)

His mom drove us around downtown to the WA state capital; Olympia

The State Capital building


She LOVES Thumper!


Mike and Hannah relaxing :)


His mom insisted we go on a date so she could babysit, so we drove to downtown Olympia and walked along the boardwalk (which we found on google; things to do in Olympia; apparently it's a fun must see attraction in Olympia...) there wasn't much there; at least the night we went.  But we did find a fun art gallery and talked to the lady for quite a while about all the art and the artist and put our name in for a drawing! 
We then googled to find some ice cream near by.  So we got in our car to drive there.  Turns out the place we wanted to go was literally AROUND THE CORNER!  Silly us we could of just walked there.  We almost just went back to our parking lot to walk but instead paid a parking meter; and made it back with TWO minutes to spare! 
Man we timed that good!

 This cute statue was behind us and the below picture was in front of us across the street.
across the street of the boardwalk 

On Friday I again looked on our list of fun things to do in Olympia and so us girls; Katie (mike's sister) and her daughter Josie, Hannah and myself, found a fun nature walk to go on. 
It was about a mile loop around this lake.





Josie wanted to take some pictures with Hannah; I liked these ones the best :)



On Saturday Mike's mom wanted to spend all day with me.  I had told Mike I wanted to go up to Seattle to Pike Place Market etc. but we never got there ourselves so she took us; all minus Mike because he was at his nerd convention haha



I LOVE coming to Pike Place Market and just roaming around :) 


We timed it right and Mike and his cousin Travis (they attended the nerd convention together) met up with us when their event was over and we were just sitting down to eat.  Then we walked around outside for a few minutes. 

We had such a blast visiting family. Now its back on the road to actually move in and settle in.  

Ok,…one last stop to see family.  My brother had his baby while we were at my moms so we stopped by to see them; because it was on the way to Moscow.  
She's so cute and TINY at two weeks old :)


We made it back to Moscow safely.  :)

Love, 
the Duke's :)





















No comments: