Thursday, March 19, 2015

March 2015

This month has been quite the adjustment for me, and for Mike.

Mike has been working A LOT; many long days/hours put in, busy with scouts, applying to law school, traveled to Twin Falls for our maternity pictures, and among many other things. He has been quite the superman lately and I feel bad because he hasn't gotten much sleep and when he gets home he just wants to be lazy and go to bed and I want to see him and hang out or go do something because I've been cooped up all day.  He is a studly, hard working man and I can't thank him enough.  I get emotional just talking or thinking about it.

Me: I stopped working! It's a good feeling but some days I wish I was at work; I miss the human interaction. I have tried putting the baby's room together.  I've tried cleaning the house and making dinner every night.  Some days are better than others.  I've had crazy dreams.  On top of NOT sleeping more than two-four hours tops!! So the days drag on.  But I just can't seem to take a nap.  Emotions are getting worse.  Belly is getting big, stiff, heavy, and a few people have told me my belly has dropped! That's a good sign; I guess.  I'm getting super nervous about having this baby, but I have to remind myself that EVERY woman goes through this and everyone survives just fine.  I'm considered full term but still have about three weeks until my 'due' date; any day now baby duke!



Last weekend Mike was so sweet and called a few people and organized everything and took me to the sand dunes for my 'retirement' party he has been wanting to throw for me. :)

I love bonfires :) 


We had a blast just hanging out, roasting hot dogs and visiting with family and friends :)
Thanks for coming everyone!!

Me and my honey :)

After everyone left we decided to stay until the fire went out;  we were enjoying ourselves so much we didn't want to go home. We finally decided to call it a night; even though there was still a fire going. 

My wonderful talented sister and a few other friends helped throw me a baby shower :)





Like I mentioned we had a blast in Twin Falls with our lovely photographer Jessie taking our maternity pictures :)    Here are a few:


I LOVE all of them!!

We (mostly Mike) are so anxious to have this baby! Mike is SO ready to meet her; he sees and feels her move inside my belly and just wants to meet her :)
Me on the other hand, yes I want to meet her but it's a bit more convenient just having her right there.  BUT I am uncomfortable so yes I'm ready for her to come into this world :)
So yes the conclusion is we are ready for her!! (Ready or not)

I know most of these things I have posted on Facebook, but I felt like I should still post them on the blog.  Every time I wanted to post on my blog my motivation just got in the way and I suddenly got overwhelmed by the task and thought why would I post just that one thought??  Then I would have a few thoughts and think ok today I'll update the blog, then I would forget what I wanted to blog about. 
So I would ponder for a day or so and I would remember what I wanted to say, BUT THEN my emotions would get ahead of me and I just can't blog while being super emotional.   
The days are getting harder and longer and more emotional.
  Please forgive us if you don't hear from us for a few weeks again.
 I'm also hoping and thinking this baby will come early.  EKK!!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

The last weeks are the hardest! Hang in there and remember your crazy emotions are NORMAL. I'm glad you love your sneak peek maternity pictures because I loved taking them!

And when it comes to blog post ideas, I like writing them down in my phone. It helps me remember later!