Tuesday, February 19, 2013

VW

My cars story---
I spotted my car, a shiny silver VW jetta, about 5 years ago.  parked on the side of the road in a business complex parking lot.  My dream car!! I wanted it so bad! I thought it was too good to be true.  I looked into it. looked it up on kelly blue book, the whole bit; i did it!
Then I test drove it....absolutely my dream car! clean. new. fancy. and Fast! :)
I have Always always wanted a VW jetta and here is one staring me in the face....what do I do?!?!  Well I talked to the bank and a few short days later.....It was MINE! :)  I was so happy!!   But wait now I had two cars....oh crap. haha. I bought my first car; honda accord (a little but older) in cash. in full by myself! I was so proud of myself. I bought it. it was mine. I didn't have a car payment. It ran great! and I fell in love with it.  So now what do I do with two cars?! hmm sell it? or keep it? well I did just buy a sweet car that i'm going to have monthly payments on. the new one is better. etc etc. .....well needless to say I couldn't give it up so easy.  I held on to it for awhile. It sat in the back yard for a while.  Then Mike and I decided to go to China to teach English. and well with that comes 6 months of bills still, so I sold my precious honda for the exact amount I bought it, which was also the exact amount I needed for 6 months to pay for my new car while I was gone.  It worked out perfect. :)
Now here I am four years later still trying to pay off my car as fast as i can.  

Well today changed my life.  I accomplished something I didn't think I would ever see the end to and what a great relief it is to feel.   Working hard pays off. Working hard for four years pays off. and working hard and paying extra payments every once in a while pays off.
Today, Feb. 19, 2013, changed my life.....I PAID OFF MY CAR!!!!!!! I'm a free woman! I was NEVER late for a payment and now I can drive my car and feel so good that I don't have to pay any more monthly payments!!! YEAH!!

I am so proud of myself and I can do hard things! :)

No comments: