Wednesday, January 23, 2013

wedding ideas

The stress is starting to build.
I'm worried about girls camp.
i'm worried about things are work.
I'm worried about the wedding and how to make it exactly how I want it/to be perfect and i'm just freaking out a little...
But as of late Mike and I have wondered if moving the wedding up would work better.  everyone around me thinks we should. I was worried mom would care, but she doesn't. my sister, my best friend, my friends at work and many others think that moving it up would be better, more fun, less stressful, and HECK YES!!  But I don't know. I have always wanted a summer wedding and I fee like if I move it up I will regret it later or crush my dream. (ya know you only get married once).
Mike and I are having a hard time deciding.
Insight would help.
I'm torn, because my all means i would love to 'get it over with'. and enjoy the summer with him and have a less stressful semester while he is in school. but I have my wedding planned out in my head and on paper etc and just want to fulfill my dream.
What do you think?!?!

4 comments:

Jessie said...

Since you're asking...

Brace face is definitely something to seriously consider, but personally, I'd move the date up! Bron and I were married May 5th and the entire rest of the summer felt like a honeymoon. It was a blast! June and July are also summer months too, even in Rexburg. You may even get more green and flowers in June. I think you can still have your dream summer wedding in June, but that's just my opinion.

Also, keep in mind that no matter what you do, your special day will not be perfect. Something will go wrong or not up to your expectation; it's just the way it is. So plan on rolling with the punches and laughing it off. You will enjoy it all much better!

This is YOUR day! Whatever you choose to do, I'm excited for you!!!

- said...

I recommend moving it up. Matt and I moved our wedding up because 9 mo. was just way too long to wait! I have never regretted getting married on a cold March day instead of a warm June one! Beginning "forever" with your eternal companion will be special no matter what the weather is like. It is entirely up to you and Mike to make your decision but for us moving our wedding to the spring was the best decision. Good luck!

Suzie Koskella said...

Sweetie!!! This time will go so so fast! Trust me. you will look back on it years from now and think why did i now enjoy it as much as i should have! I think what ever makes you happy you should do.... although i like jessie's idea of having the wedding in May and just playing all summer!!! I love you and i am so happy for you! You deserve all the happiness you can get and much more!!!

Ps.....
I am horrible at calling so Call me!! :) I promise i will answer!!!!
:)

joylyn said...

I would be of the "move it up" opinion. It will be special no matter the time of year and honestly the only important thing is what happens in the temple and that will be wonderful now or later. So why wait? Waiting is hard. Do what you feel best about, but don't put too much emphasis on things that aren't the most important.