Saturday, March 26, 2011

Mothers...

To all of you moms out there!

"I don't like this!"
"I'm not going to eat this!"
"Gross!"

Yep we have all heard it and experienced it!
Last night was my first personal encounter with this. No, I am not a mom, (almost am) but might as well be).

I received a fun cook book for my birthday last year and just have not had a chance to dive into it and cook something. Well last night I finally decided I was going to try something new. I found, what sounded like, a very yummy totellini pasta dish; made with alfredo and pesto sauce. I ventured out to the store to buy the one ingredient I did not have for it; Pesto sauce. I have never cooked with Pesto sauce, so when I went to the store I was not exactly sure what I was looking for or even what it looked like! Yes, go ahead and laugh at me. But I finally found it! Little did I know it was green! (Like I said...). So now, looking at this green sauce I was about to purchase for dinner; and make the kids eat; I got a little worried. But assured myself it was too late, that it was part of the recipe and it will all turn out!

I came home and started making dinner, it was loookin' gooood!
Once I added the pesto sauce I got rEALLy worried, but once again, assured my self of the same things.

We set the table, and the kids were asking, "what's for dinner?" I told them it was a very yummy pasta recipe I made. And...here it comes....
"Gross!"
"I don't like that!"
"I'm not going to eat it!"

As mothers (or not) we assure the kids it IS yummy and that they have to at least try it. And they will probably like it! And then again, we heard it all again!....

Well turns out most of them DID NOT like it, but I made them eat it anyway. (we can be so mean sometimes). Some of them even tried the 'plug your nose' trick...and what do you know? They ate it all gone, PLUS some!! (Love that trick ;)

But deep down my feelings were hurt. But I had to remind myself that they are kids, and they really don't know what they like. But I liked it, so it wAs a hit!

P.S. Notice there is no picture of this wonderful meal I made. Well....because...it really did not look as good as it taste,....and....I changed the recipe a little (also why it didn't look quite as appetizing.) But I PROmise you it was very good and I will be making it again (maybe not for a little while, so they forget about it).

No comments: