Friday, April 10, 2015

Baby Duke

I know it has taken me forever to get this blog post up but we have been quite busy this week with being in the hospital, coming home, dr visits, adjusting to life, and needing a day/afternoon of rest to catch up while Aunt Terressa (my sister) came up and watched Hannah while we napped for a few hours (THANK YOU)!!

Sorry I'm going to write my pregnancy/labor and delivery story...

The last week of pregnancy I think was the hardest for me. Physical pain, just wanting to be done, anxious, tired, uncomfortable etc.
 I went to the Dr. and was dilated at a two.  He told me if nothing happens by next week I would pick a day and be induced.  We thought 'cool, we will probably get to pick her due date'; so we started deciding what day we would like.
No contractions all week so we thought for sure would be induced.

Conference weekend came and still no contractions.  Conference was amazing by the way! The whole time during conference I thought this is my last conference without kids. Weird.

Easter Sunday morning was nice we gave each other our Easter baskets and spoiled each other with a few items and lots of candy!! :)

Sunday afternoon came and went and still no contractions.  My next appt. was the next day (Monday) April 6th at 11am and we would tell the Dr. what we wanted to do.  I even had a friend text me at about 4 pm and I had to tell her nothing was happening with baby.
Sunday night about 8 pm still nothing.  I'm still miserable.
Sunday night 8:45 I thought I needed to use the restroom and had some pain.
Sunday 9 pm more severe stomach pain
Sunday 9:15 pm we were timing my contractions and they were about 4 min. apart.
Sunday 9:45 pm SEVERE pain and contractions were about 3 1/2 min. apart.
Sunday 10 pm grabbed my bag and headed for the hospital; hoping they wouldn't send me home and that I wouldn't be coming home for a few days.
We rushed to the ER and checked in.
The nurse checked me and I was dilated at a 5!  They monitored me for a little bit, then moved me to the delivery room.
I received my epidural about 11:30 pm
The nurse let me sleep for a few hours after that.  She came in and asked if I was ready to push...I laughed and said NOPE. she chuckled and said ok I'll give you a few more minutes.
She came back in and said ok you ready.  I said no, haha.  She chuckled again and said well the sooner we push the sooner you will be done :) (I really didn't want to go through anymore pain and was scared to do the whole delivery part).  She knew that but her and Mike both said let's just do this :)
So we started pushing and pushed for about 2 hours.  Mike had to hold my right leg because it was so numb from the epidural.  They called in the Dr.  (he only lives 7 minutes away),  he got his gown on got a few instruments out and I had about two contractions and she was out!! It literally took about five minutes from when he showed up.

During delivery he noticed there wasn't quite enough room so he did have to cut me open a tad and place a few stitches.  So of course just from delivering I was sore, but I'm also sore from stitches.  And all while in the hospital my back ached from the epidural.  I was a train wreck. At least I felt like I looked like one. But some people told me I didn't look too bad considering I had just had a baby.

We decided to stay in the hospital our two days to get a good nights rest and get situated with everything and because I was still pretty sore.  I am SO glad we decided to stay that extra day.

It wasn't as bad as I thought.  IT WAS WORTH IT! :)

It was literally up until the last second we had to write it down on her birth certificate paperwork that we confidentlly committed to her name.

Introducing...

The most obedient girl ever; born on her due date! :)


Hannah Mae Duke  :)

Born April 6th, 2015
3:57am
7 lbs. 11 oz.
20.5 inches long


        Just a short time after birth :)



 We aren't exactly sure where she got her auburn red hair, but we are sure in LOVE with it!!
We kept joking since we both have SOME traces of red hair on both sides of our families that it would be funny and sweet if she was born with red hair but we thought, 'really what are the odds?'
And sure enough!!
 We had a few visitors the first night.  My sister and niece.
And friends Kylee and Melissa (no pictures sorry)

Her daddy Loves her! :)


 And in return she sure loves her daddy! :)


She is such a cute lovable sweet baby :)



I loved just holding her and watching her peacefully sleep. 
She is a cuddle bug!



Going home!!


Ever since we got home from the hospital she has been an amazing eater :)


We just can't stop loving her!



I look tired but I just wasn't expecting to be in the picture.  
Today has been the best day so far.  We got to get up and actually get ready for the day!
Hardly any pain today.
First Dr. appt. for Hannah


We just love our Hannah girl 


She is the best thing that has happened to us!
It's still a little surreal that she is actually our little girl forever and it's not just a short term baby sitting job or something.  
She is ours FOREVER and we can't wait to see what the future holds and watch her grow!!


Love,

Mike, Lanae AND Hannah  :)








2 comments:

Jessie said...

So,so,so sooo excited for you!!! Congratulations! I can relate in so many ways to that first labor and pain and surreal-ness of bringing home your first baby. Can't wait to meet Hannah!

Nick and Mindy Orgill said...

Congrats! She is adorable! Treasure this newborn stage - they grow up too fast!