Tuesday, January 27, 2015

January 2015

Can you believe January is over?! I sure can't.  But I'm kind of relieved that it is.

This year started out quite stressful and interesting for us. It started with me only part time (my own choice).  Mike's work had some stress related problems with his paychecks and with our health insurance that we barely, Finally got resolved this week.  But we have our heads up and are looking forward and can now relax knowing that all of that is behind us.

This year has been harder for me physically at work and I am SO glad I made the choice to only work part time for a few more months before our baby girl arrives! :) It has been such a blessing to only work part time.  I work at an Orthodontist office and lean over all day and am up and down in my chair all day and we are a very busy office so it's been the best decision I made.

I am also blessed to know all of our family and friends have been such a huge support for me and have already voiced their excitement, helpful words, and help for after the baby's arrival.  I'm not even worried about us after her arrival; we will be well taken care of :)  Thank you everyone!!

It makes me happy and teary-eyed when Mike talks about how BADLY he wants to just meet her and hold her, and loves seeing her kick and feeling her.  He is going to be the best dad!!



Today was the first day I think emotions of the pregnancy finally got to me.  I started off ready to kick off the day until I ate breakfast and sat down.  Then all my body and mind wanted to do was just sit there and do nothing.  I knew that today wasn't going to be as productive as I imagined it would be last night.

But hey that's ok.  I had to just keep telling myself that.  I only have a few days left ALL BY MYSELF and I need to enjoy them.  I texted Mike and that is exactly what he told me, and quite honestly what I needed to hear.  It helped me just relax and enjoy my day off.  I worked out doing some pilates and the baby kicked me after I was done.  I'll take that as in she enjoyed it :)

I've been blessed with no food cravings. And no major hot flashes.  Unless the room is Very hot; like the temple was the other night; holy cow.  We were doing Sealings and the Sealer had to open the door for me to let some cool air in and I had to move near the door, with a napkin folded up to fan me.  Sounds worse than it really was.  But that was the worst, and only second, hot flash I have had while pregnant.

We have also found that if I listen to music close to my belly she starts having fun!  I truly think we might have a dancer :)
We have also learned that spicy food is out of the diet for awhile.  I got sick at work yesterday eating a few spicy chips, so I had to stop.
She also reacts when I eat sweets/sugar.  She is going to be a sweet girl ;) ;)  haha
She is going better at letting me fall asleep.  But she doesn't like it when I lay on my right side; ever! haha.
She has never woken me up at night; except a few trips to the bathroom.  But even then I could probably count them on the same hand.
She doesn't like it when I drive sitting up.  She starts kicking me so I have to slouch like a gangster when I drive half the time.

It will be interesting to compare these notes in a few months after she arrives! :)

We have also learned she doesn't have a name yet...so any ideas would be greatly appreciated! :)


Love, The Dukes



1 comment:

Jessie said...

Looove that cute belly!!! You're taking me back down memory lane being pregnant with my first. Can't wait to meet her either!