Saturday, September 17, 2011

July 2 - 4, 2011

Mike's cousin got married July 2nd in the Salt Lake Temple and we were invited to attend the luncheon after, so we made it a day trip and drove down to Salt Lake. We got there about an hour early so we walked around Temple Square and did a little window shopping, before the luncheon. The luncheon was in the Joseph Smith Building and the food was SOO good! (maybe also because we were so hungry), I also got to meet some more of Mike's relatives that HE and I have never met :)





July 4th morning we went up to Rexburg and found the perfect front row seats and waited for the parade to start and LOOVED it!! :)


I was so amazed at this giant shopping cart! I had never seen it before, I thought it was pretty cool and such a good idea! And these men....the men that work at Chevron....they make up a dance every year for the parade; Amazing! This year they did Grease Lightening! It was so hilarious and Very Well done!

Lydia and Emily sitting in the road enjoying the parade.... priceless


On July 4th this year Mike surprised me with taking me to Craters of the Moon!
We both had not been since we were really little. So needless to say we were Really excited and just enjoyed our time there and with each other :)
We wanted to see everything, so we started from the beginning and began hiking...


Having so much fun TOGETHER on such a warm sunny day! :)




Its just so hard to find just a few pictures of our fun adventure
(I just love taking pictures and I have a hard time explaining our wonderful adventures)


LOL :) I love this





Love :)

And then of course on the way home we had to stop and eat at the Pickles Place in Arco, ID :)

true love :)

After arriving back in Idaho Falls we went straight to the "greenbelt" and waited for the fireworks to start...We had THE best seats! :)

This was our view...we stopped on the bridge and the fireworks shot right in the middle of this picture with the Temple in the background :)

The best fireworks show I have seen in years!! The noise was so loud it was perfect! :)


Happy Fourth of July (Our favorite holiday, for a few reasons ;)

No comments: