Tuesday, July 7, 2009

LAGOON

Father's day weekend my friend Courtney and I decided we wanted to go to Lagoon! So I invited my friend Mike from Rexburg and she brought her husband and we headed out! We met my friend Mike in Utah, so we (I) had a few extra seats in my car, so Shaun's (Courtney's husband)s brohther decided they wanted to come as well so we all piled in the car and headed to Utah!! The road trip was so fun! We took turns driving and it made the trip go by a little faster. We ended up sleeping at Shaun's uncles house in the hills behind the temple in Bountiful! Amazingly beautiful home! The night we got there we went swimming in their pool that has an amazing slide! It's almost a straight vertical fall! (kind of like a mini lagoon waterpark in their backyard!) It was so fun! Although Courtney ran me over with her skim board and burned my back! hehe good times! (oh yes! you go down the slide on a skim board to go faster and to go farther! Or you can go down double and it works fun that way too!!)
Utah was so sunny when we got there! We were all excited to go to Lagoon and play in the water?! Well when we woke up it was a little over cast, but we were still determined to go! By the time we got there it was raining, but Shaun was not leaving!! hehe, he came to Lagoon to have fun and play in the water!! So we wouldn't let us leave, so we rode all the rides we wanted to, some of them twice and it was fun!! You couln't even tell it was raining! We had a blast! Well as we worked our way to the other side of the park, it started raining harder but that was still not stopping us!! So Shaun dragged us to Rattlesnake Rappids and we had to have fun! Boy was it fun! And COLD!! but we sure laughed a lot!:) As the day went on it kept rainging, but we were still riding! One ride that all the guys talked me into was the human sling shot!! YIKES! I told myself I would never ride that ride EVER! But here I am strapped in the ride, with Mike, asking them all why am I doing this?! and told Shaun, the things I do for you! he talked me into it! As soon as it shot me in the air I of course screamed!! But....it was soooo fun!! It is now my FAVORITE ride!! We all rode the human sling shot, except Courtney, we loved it! After that we wanted to ride the Samari, but the line was slow, we stood in the line, in the rain, for thirty minutes before getting on the ride!! (yes that many people were still at Lagoon in the rain!!) We loved that ride so much we got back in line right away and got on much quicker the next time! After we left the park we were all so wet so stopped at the store to get some dry clothes. We then headed back to the house to get warm, and get ready to drive home. But of course Shaun's brothers wanted to go out on a 'date', so we had to wait for them to get home before we left, well they didn't get home until 12:30am, so we decided not to leave and that we would leave in the morning! We were all so exhausted and tired, so I think it was a good move. We had a blast and had another fun road trip home in the hail and snow and rain!! YEP! What a trip to remember!!

Ok, so they may not be the most appealing pictures...

They had wiggle cars! Ryan and I might have been racing each other through the kitchen
Ryan-Shaun's brother



Matt
Shaun's brother


Courtney Shaun


This just might be the most hideous picture!



Ryan driving us home safely; through the crazy weather!
Although we did almost die!

No comments: