Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Fourth of July '09

For the fourth of July my friend Courtney invited me to come to her husband's family's cabin in New Meadows! My friend Mike was in town so we went up early Saturday and hung out at the cabin and relaxed. We then rode up to Riggins area and found a few good rapids in the river to raft! So we unload and load up our rafts (full of patches, that might not float all the way down; so they say) and we head down the river! The first round two rafts went down and Mike and just watched...haha. The second raft flipped on the first rapid...scary! haha. I then decided I wanted to join in the fun! But made sure I told my raft I did not want to flip over! They agreed, and off we went! We made it with our filpping!! Riding over a class four rapid, we decided we wanted to ride the next rapid! That one we ended up going through it backwards!! As soon as I noticed this i stood up and turned around (because I did NOT want to fall out!!) We made it!! We then got out and went Again! The second round same thing, we started going backwards and side ways and two people from our raft fell out! But I stayed in! I held on for dear life so I would not fall out! (I now have some battle wounds/bruises to show off on my chins and behind my knee! they are U-G-L-Y, but cool! haha) But since two of our people fell out we missed out exit, we were trying to get them in the boat before we hit the next rapid! we got them in and had to hurry and paddle to shore! We ended up in the rocks and bushes which made it difficult to exit, so the other raft came over and helped us and we all climbed this rocky hill barefoot. It was so fun!! (pictures coming later) The last time they went down I didn't go, and they decided to all fit in one raft! They made it down the first rapid and their raft went flat!! HAHA!! so they had to climb out at another difficult spot and come find us! (we would pick them up with the car at the exit). HAHA It was a fun filled weekend! After we got back to the cabin we all took a little nap, then headed to McCall for fireworks on the lake! We were all looking forward to these wonderful, amazing fireworks! Well we missed the first five minutes trying to find a spot to park, then as soon as we found our fron trow seats next to the lake....the grand finale was going off and we turned and all looked at eachother, and by the time we looked back at them, they were over!! WE WERE MAD!! But now we laugh histerically about it! It was/is a weekend to remember!!

Driving to McCall with Mike



Mike and I exploring downtown New Meadows, Idaho

Let's all go to Cowboy Church!! :)

Driving in the car...


Mike and I-in New Meadows

No comments: