Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Summer!

is definitely on it's way!

I have always wanted to "refinish" a piece of furniture.  When we went to WA a few weeks ago I went through a few of Mike's boxes hoping to relieve them from his mom's garage but she offered a file cabinet and I have been needing one of those more (we only had room for one 'box). So we snatched the file cabinet and drug it home in the car, all 12 hours.  I was so excited to "refinish" it, I did that project that next weekend This was the outcome; I'm super please with it! :)

I was first going to paint it black to match my desk, and had one coat of paint on it but decided I wanted to change the color to a fun color I saw while I was at the store getting my black paint.....

The before color (I forgot to take one of the whole thing)


During...


And the after finished product;
 I even painted the drawers so when you open it a different color pops out :)


That same day my sister taught me how to make my very first batch of homemade freezer jam! and Boy it is yummy! but poor Mike can't have any, so I have to eat it in secret. In due time he will be able to enjoy the jam with me :) (don't worry I'm not a pig)



Think that's enough for two days?!  we aren't done yet! Friday night we had a fun relaxing date night that our friends told us about.  We went to an art studio class and learned how to paint and had SO much fun!! 





And this is what we painted! :)


Then to kick off the weekend Saturday night we went to a piano concert on campus.  Performing was the famous Josh Wright with special guest, than non other than his wife!  They both are getting doctorates in piano! how cool is that! They did an amazing job!! I couldn't see their hands all that well, so I can only imagine how fast those ten and twenty fingers were flying across the piano.  

Sunday brought a day of fast and rest :)  We had gone to bed really late friday and saturday, so we came home broke our fast and hit the bed to sleeeep...and....no alarms....

One P.M. to five was Mike slept.
at around 5:50 Mike decided it was time for me to wake up. 

 FIVE HOUR NAP?!?!  who does that?!?!

You have to understand me, I NEVER take naps.  maybe once a year. And that nap is NO longer than two hours MAX.
 Who in their right mind sleeps for five hours and considers it a nap?!?! 
I guess I was pretty tired. 

I just love my husband and all the fun things we find to do together and the privilege we have to practice our talents and find new talents and hobbies :)


Need less to say we had quite the fun filled and relaxing weekend :)

Thanks pookey ;)















No comments: